Shakira not supporting Assaf over FIFA ban, releases new World Cup song today!
Shakira has released this year's World Cup song titled "La La La." (Image: Facebook)
Click here to add FIFA as an alert
Disable alert for FIFA,
Click here to add Gaza as an alert
Disable alert for Gaza,
Click here to add Gerard Pique as an alert
Disable alert for Gerard Pique,
Click here to add Milan as an alert
Disable alert for Milan,
Click here to add Mohammad Assaf as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammad Assaf,
Click here to add Sepp Blatter as an alert
Disable alert for Sepp Blatter,
Click here to add Shakira as an alert
Disable alert for Shakira
Shakira made the world groove to the tunes of her song "Waka waka" during the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Four years later, the 37-year-old songstress has unveiled a new number for the official World Cup to be held in Brazil this time.
Titled "La La La," Shakira herself has penned the lyrics for the song, a reworked version of new song "Dare."
"It's an upbeat, Brazilian track. The lyrics are personal and I've actually recorded a version for the World Cup," said the singer who is dating Spain defender Gerard Piqué.
According to news agencies, Shakira's son Milan features on the track too.
"I was in the studio and Milan came in to hang out in the afternoon. I had him on my lap and he was listening and then when it came to the end of the song, he just went 'myah'," she added.
"I was supposed to sing for the World Cup 2014, in the opening ceremony, but, I do not want to accuse anyone but some people, or states or parties, God knows who, intervened and FIFA canceled my song with Platinum Records," he said at a news conference in Gaza.
The Arab Idol star claimed that Colombian singer Shakira has "refused to sing in the World Cup because I will not sing." Doesn't make sense why she would release a World Cup song then!
In July last year FIFA president Sepp Blatter said he would invite Assaf to sing at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- Sexy Lebanese-Colombian Shakira performs at World Cup Closing Ceremony, bring adorbs son to stage
- Motherhood is "deliciously overwhelming", gushes Shakira
- Assaf banned from performing at FIFA World Cup, and Shakira's response was perfect
- With a 'lil helping hand from his fans Mohammad Assaf records World Cup anthem Live in 24 hours! #ASSAF360
- Coca-Cola Middle East to release K’naan and Nancy Ajram Track and music video in 50 countries in support of its sponsorship of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™