Pop star Shatha Hassoun turns to acting for world domination
Iraqi songstress, Shatha Hassoun, has only been in the music biz for five years but in that time she has racked up both sales and fans a plenty.
But conquering the world of music is not enough for the first lady of Iraqi pop and she will be moving into acting this year to try her hand at a different kind of drama.
Shatha has signed herself up to star in a TV comedy alongside Ahmad al Jazmi, the UAE producer and actor. According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the pair decided to work together after meeting at the recent Dubai Cinema Festival.
Fans will be able to watch the pop princess on screen this Ramadan.
- First-timers Shatha Hassoun and Fayez Al Saeed take to the small screen
- Shatha Hassoun gets engaged to secret fiancé
- Shatha Hassoun is desperate for a baby
- Shatha Hassoun: Tweeting her thoughts and new album details
- A confident Shatha Hassoun looks to her fans for feedback on her latest single "Henianah"