Welcome to the show: Shatha Hassoun to perform live at Hala February Festival 2014
Shatha is to perform live at the Hala February Festival this year in Kuwait. (Image: Facebook)
Iraqi-Moroccan singer Shatha Hassoun Instagrammed some good news to her fans this week; she will be performing her best hits at the upcoming Hala February Fetival this month.
Shatha asked her fans which of her songs they'd like to hear her perform at her concert on 13 February.
Hala February Festival is an annual festival, which is organized by Kuwait city. Variety of activities, carnivals and special events are organized through the festival. Festival attendants, also, enjoy spending their time in shopping, as well as, attending musical parties, poetry evenings, cultural seminars and plastic arts.
In relevant news, last December it was reported that Syrian singer Mayada El Henawi was denied an entry Visa into Kuwait, where she was intending to perform at the annual Hala February Festival.
Speaking to Sham FM, Mayada said that she was planning on performing at the February festival, by special invitation from the organizers, but believes that she was denied access into the country because of her political views.
Mayada is a supporter of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad, who is accused of killing hundreds of thousands of people in the ongoing Syrian Revolution.
The singer is convinced that Kuwait is against her political stance, but said that she isn't regretful at the price she's having to pay for it, because according to her, it's her duty to stand by her President.
- Shooting for the stars: Hala February Festival fulfills Shatha Hassoun's lifelong dream!
- Hala February, but no Hala Mayada El Henawi as Kuwait says no entry to the Assad supporter
- Hala February performer Elissa didn't holla at the press, and now they're p-oed
- She shops till she drops: Shatha Hassoun searches for the "perfect dress" in London's luxurious Harrods
- Pascal in “Hala February”