The good ol' days! Sherine Abdel Wahab dreams of a classic era
Sherine Abdel Wahab wishes she was born in the 1920s classic era. (Image: Facebook)
How lovely was it in the 1930s, when singers and their music were truly classy? Modern singer Sherine Abdel Wahab wishes she was born in that era and lived the way the likes of Abdelhalim Hafez and Um Kulthum did.
The singer, who's infatuated by the late Egyptian classics, said that she still buys their albums as a preference over today's singers.
According to Laha Magazine, dreamy Sherine said that had she lived in that era she would have definitely achieved the same amount of popularity and stardom as singers from that time, because she's won people's hearts today through her voice and style of singing and not based on her looks alone.
Another obsession of Sherine's is songwriter and composer Baligh Hamdi, who has passed away now; she said that she's totally in love with all of his work and wishes she had the chance to work alongside him.
Let's hope one day in the future a time machine will take Sherine back to the era of classics!
- Model behavior: Sherine Abdel Wahab's girls pose with their Mama in black & white photo shoot!
- New look infatuation takes over the music industry
- Dream on, Sherine Abdel Wahab! Singer has a controversial dream about Egypt's President
- The metal movement: a very Egyptian music genre
- Ismail Abdel Hafez passes away in Paris