Another Angel in heaven: Sherine Abdelwahab's abortion revelation
Sherine became a whole different woman after separating from her ex-hubby. (Image: Facebook)
Egyptian superstar Sherine Abdelwahab is the girl-next-door, but to some of her fans, she may have changed this image with her latest confession.
The mother-of-two admitted to having had an abortion in the past. Sherine said the “hardest incident she’s ever encountered” took place when she was married to the father of her children, reported Laha Magazine.
Many conservative people in the Arab world are against abortions because it is forbidden in Islam.
Although the singer has only got two daughters, she said that she had the abortion because she didn’t want any more kids at the time.
Speaking of her daughters, Sherine said that she’s thankful for her little girls from ex-hubby Mohammad Mustafa, but stressed that divorcing him was in her daughters’ best interest.
“When my husband and I separated, I got my life back. I was living a ‘scheduled’ life, I couldn’t live it to the fullest, even though he never put any pressure on me when were together.
“We have seriously discussed getting back together on numerous occasions, even though when we were still married Mohammad’s career went downhill,” Sherine said.
The singer said that her daughters’ lives became more stable after the divorce.
- Model behavior: Sherine Abdel Wahab's girls pose with their Mama in black & white photo shoot!
- Did he or didn’t he? Sherine Abdel Wahab’s ex-hubby cheated on her… according to latest single
- Wedding Bells: Sherine wants to wed again, with ex-husband on the guest-list
- What's cooking? Sherine Abdelwahab preparing a “big surprise” for fans
- True or false? Sherine Abdel Wahab secretly married to Mohamed Hamaki's manager?