Independent woman: Sherine Abdelwahab sings for women's rights
The annual celebration of women's rights is just around the corner, and the United Nations have chosen the perfect candidate to promote the terrible act of sexual harassment for the occasion.
Strong and independent woman and singer Sherine Abdelwahab will be recording a new song, which discusses the problems faced by Arab women, specifically sexual harassment.
Quite fittingly, the song will be titled “Hawil Tikoon Insan” (Try and Act Like a Human Being). Sherine will be working alongside composer Mohammad Yahia and poet Ali Salama to create the inspiring single.
According to the ME news portal Elaph, Sherine will hit the recording studio this week, in order to have the single released in time for the International Day for Women's Rights.
On a different note, Sherine is currently working on her new album, which she has already recorded a number of songs for. The album will feature a song in the Lebanese dialect, a first for Sherine since the beginning of her music career.
- Safiyya Al Omari to Defend Palestinian Women’s Rights
- French justice minister endorses Mohamed Diab's award winning movie
- Sexual harassment goes underground in Cairo as artists bring the drama onto the metro
- Paws off the Palestinian! Sherine Abdel Wahab hit with death threats over Assaf photo
- What's cooking? Sherine Abdelwahab preparing a “big surprise” for fans