6 million and counting: Sherine Abdelwahab's song a major Youtube hit
It's only been three months, but Egyptian singer Sherine Abdel Wahab's song “Masha'er” (Feelings) has reached more than 6 million views on Youtube.
Sherine recorded the song as the theme tune for the Ramadan 2013 TV drama “Hekayet Hayat” (Hayat's Story). The highly-popular song was composed by Mohammad Rahim and distributed by Adel Haki.
The romantic singer is currently working on her new album with Star Records, which marks their first collaboration together.
Sherine is also in the process of recording her latest single “Shu Sh'eet” (How Tired I've Gotten). The song is in the Lebanese dialect and was written by Ahmad Madi, composed by Nilal Zain and distributed by Ziad Barji.
Although the singer is putting the final touches on her new album, as we speak, she's unsure whether the single “Shu Sh'eet” will be a part of it or not.
Sherine, who is also a judge on the “The Voice,” has recently travelled to Bulgaria with fellow show judges Kazem El Saher, Saber Rebai and Assi Helani to shoot the promotional commercial for the upcoming season of the talent show.
The Voice is expected to return early next year.
- Plenty of Mideastern 'voices' in the sea: Coach Assi Al Helani dishes dirt
- Assi Helani feeling merciful this Ramadan
- Palestinian singer hits out at Ramadan TV in new song
- Pascale is livin' out her dreams: "Ahlam Al Banat" a major YouTube hit!
- Apple Introduces iLife ’09- Major Upgrades to iPhoto, iMovie & GarageBand