Getting down with the po-po: Sherine and Mohammad Fouad sing for Egyptian police force
Most people have mixed feelings when it comes to the police force of their nation, perhaps all the more so when it comes to Egypt after the tumultuous recent history in the nation. Some celebs, however, are no holds barred when it comes to their support and encouragement of the men enlisted to protect them. Sherine Abdel Wahab and Mohammad Fouad are two of those patriotic peeps that are willing to use their vocal talents to honor them.
A special operetta is going down for the Egyptian police force during a big old partay that will headline said singers. The lyrics they will be singing have been written by poet Ayman Bahgat Qamar to reflect what has taken place in Egypt over the past three years.
The patriotic poet has posted to Facebook that composition of these songs will be by Riyadh Al Hamshari, Amro Mustafa, Khaled Hammad, Mahmoud Talat, Khaled Izz and Mohammad Yahia, while the distribution will be handled by Tuma and Ahmad Al Mawji.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, Ayman revealed that Sherine and Mohammad won't be the only musical geniuses gracing his lyrics; singers Midhat Saleh, Amal Maher, Hisham Abbas, Wael Jassar, Hanan Maddi, Ahmad Jamal, Riham Abdel Hakim, Mohammad Kilani, Mai Farouq and Rihab Mutawi will also be singing and performing the songs he has written.
- True or false: Sherine Abdel Wahab married to a Gulfie? Plays XBOX? Prefers Assaf to Jamal?
- Did he or didn’t he? Sherine Abdel Wahab’s ex-hubby cheated on her… according to latest single
- What's cooking? Sherine Abdelwahab preparing a “big surprise” for fans
- Famous singers competing for theme songs
- Amal Maher sings with stars for Sinai Liberation Day