Forget doggy-style, Snoop's all about the Arab thobe in latest vid
The artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg is giving us more Middle Eastern love in his latest video for ‘Here Comes the King’, the single he released in December last year. In the video posted last week on YouTube, Snoop Lion is seen wearing not one, but two thobes and a shirt designed by Dubai-based Saudi designer Hatem Al Akeel. The rapper, who performed his second UAE gig in Dubai on New Year’s Eve, also wore a selection from Al Akeel’s collection on stage at Meydan.
“We spoke about the possibility to collaborate on his new album but I was not expecting him to wear so many of my designs in his latest video,” Al Akeel told tabloid! “I am completely over the moon. I could not be any more proud. It’s nice to see that traditional style has officially crossed over to the western, style and pop culture.
“My design ethos has always been to change perception and open people’s minds on culture and tradition. Snoop Dogg has given me the quintessential platform. And I have tremendous respect and admiration for his vision and message of global peace,” he added.
‘Here Comes the King’ is off Lion’s upcoming 12th album called ‘Reincarnated’, his first under his new name.
By David Tusing
- From tuxedo-thobe to sherwani: Snoop does Dubai to Dehli doggy-style
- Daring to be different: stereotypes crumble beneath Illmiyah's beats
- Snoop Dogg's Tamer Husni's Main Man: Song 'Everyman'
- Fo' shizzle Dubizzle: Snoop Dogg set for Dubai debut
- Snoop holds-up the crowd in tuxedo-thobe but tries to seduce Dubai back doggy-style!