Scarlett Johansson "clears the air" over her affiliation with Israeli SodaStream
Blonde beauty Scarlett said that she stands behind the SodaStream product. (Image: Facebook)
Scarlett Johansson has come forward to defend her deal with Israeli company SodaStream International, saying that she never intended on being the face of any social or political movement, distinction, separation or stance, but wants to clear the air.
Pro-Palestinian activists criticized the company for operating their Ma'ale Adumim factory in an Israeli settlement in the West Bank, a territory claimed by the Palestinians, the Huffington Post reported.
But, the 'Her' actress said in a statement that she remains a supporter of economic cooperation and social interaction between a democratic Israel and Palestine.
SodaStream is a company that is not only committed to the environment but to building a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbors working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights, Johansson asserted.
The blonde beauty added that she stands behind the SodaStream product.
- Roger Waters says "undeniably cute" Scarlett 'SodaStream' Johansson is "undeniably not paying attention"
- Scarlett says peace out Oxfam, shalom SodaStream: Johansson steps down as Oxfam ambassador!
- It's a girl! Scarlett Johansson, the face of Israel's SodaStream, welcomes her first child!
- SodaStream says "Sorry Scarlett" as it leaves West Bank settlements high and dry
- Israeli embassy tweets in support of Scarlett Johansson