Stalker Threatens to Give Pop Singer an Acid Bath
Egyptian pop star Shaaban Abdel Rehim has decided to sue a female fan he accuses of being a stalker.
Abdul Rehim told the London-based Al Sharq al Awsat that the fan was chasing him day and night, and threatening to douse him with nitric acid if he didn’t divorce his wife and marry her.
Abdel Rehim said his first encounter with the obssessed fan, a senior at Cairo University Faculty of Economics and a daughter of a wealthy family, was when she visited him for a deal to sing at her sister’s wedding at a five-star hotel.
He added that she had paid him more than he asked for, but after the reception he was taken aback by her relentless pursuit.
The singer complained to the police, but to no avail, he said, adding that he was now obliged to seek help from the courts to protect himself and his family, especially in light of threats to his wife.
The singer said that he was ready to sue anyone who tried to ruin his reputation, citing rumors spread by certain people that he had an affair with actress Wafa Amer.
“They [the rumors] almost destroyed my married life,” he told the paper.
Abdel Rehim reached the climax of his success following the release of his hit song, I Hate Israel, which was warmly received by Egyptian and Arab audiences, amid escalating Israeli aggression against the Palestinians and threats against Egypt and other Arab countries – Albawaba.com
- Actress Sues Shaaban Abdel Rehim for Photo, Plans Second Suit for Ignorance of ‘My Point of View’
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim to Show Michael Jackson that Mideast Politics Ain’t Kiddin’ Around
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim's Shoes, 'Low Art' Provoke Egyptian Shura Council's Culture Committee
- Israeli Paper Accuses Shaaban Abdel Rehim of Inciting Terrorism
- Singer’s Suit Against McDonald’s a Quarter-Million Pounder