Syrian-born Star Trek original Kilngon, Michael Ansara, dies aged 91
Michael Ansara as Star Trek's original Klingon. (Image: Startrek.com)
Click here to add Barbara Eden as an alert
Disable alert for Barbara Eden,
Click here to add Beverly as an alert
Disable alert for Beverly,
Click here to add John Wayne as an alert
Disable alert for John Wayne,
Click here to add Matthew as an alert
Disable alert for Matthew,
Click here to add Michael Ansara as an alert
Disable alert for Michael Ansara
The actor who played the original Klingon on TV's "Star Trek" has died.
Besides playing Kang the Klingon in various "Star Trek" series, Ansara appeared on dozens of TV shows, including "Broken Arrow," ''Law of the Plainsman," ''I Dream of Jeannie," ''Hawaii 5-0" and "Murder, She Wrote."
His film credits include "Julius Caesar," ''Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea," ''The Greatest Story Ever Told" and "The Comancheros" with John Wayne.
Ansara was predeceased by his son, Matthew, with former wife Barbara Eden. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Beverly, a sister and a niece and nephew.
- Lights, Camera, Action! Abed Fahed to star in Arab-Egyptian film production
- Former head of Mossad dies after illness
- Double dose of action: UAE's Healer Twins to star in upcoming Star Wars
- Abbas Al Nouri fails in uniting Duraid Laham and Yaser Al Athmeh
- Syrian movie star pitches up in Zaatari refugee camp