May the force be with Morocco! Star Wars: Episode 7 to begin filming next month
Get ready for more action, Morocco! (Image: Facebook)
Filmmaker JJ Abrams will reportedly begin shooting Star Wars: Episode VII in Morocco next month.
The first two weeks of filming will be on location in the country from May 14, reported Collider online.
It is thought that the location could be the setting for planet Tatooine and production may move onto Tunisia afterwards.
Shooting on Star Wars: Episode VII was previously confirmed for a May start and will be set 30 years after Return of the Jedi.
Oscar winner was recently linked to the movie. Meanwhile, Michael Fassbender, Hugo Weaving and Adam Driver are said to be negotiating roles.
Star Wars: Episode VII is planned for a December 18, 2015 theatrical release.
- Double dose of action: UAE's Healer Twins to star in upcoming Star Wars
- The Force Awakens in Abu Dhabi: See the UAE in new Star Wars trailer
- Syrian short film makes history at 65th Cannes festival, with help from Dubai International Film Festival
- Star Wars: Episode II On The Way
- Must-see holy month TV: soap line-up