May the force be with Morocco! Star Wars: Episode 7 to begin filming next month
Filmmaker JJ Abrams will reportedly begin shooting Star Wars: Episode VII in Morocco next month.
The first two weeks of filming will be on location in the country from May 14, reported Collider online.
It is thought that the location could be the setting for planet Tatooine and production may move onto Tunisia afterwards.
Shooting on Star Wars: Episode VII was previously confirmed for a May start and will be set 30 years after Return of the Jedi.
Oscar winner was recently linked to the movie. Meanwhile, Michael Fassbender, Hugo Weaving and Adam Driver are said to be negotiating roles.
Star Wars: Episode VII is planned for a December 18, 2015 theatrical release.
- Action in the UAE: Abu Dhabi beat out Tunisia for Star Wars: Episode VII filming location
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting
- Bring on Abu Dhabi! Adam Driver think it's surreal to be in "Star Wars Episode VII"
- Tom Cruise won’t be coming to Abu Dhabi: rep puts Star Wars: Episode VII cameo rumors to rest
- Cameras are rolling in Abu Dhabi for a very different Stars Wars: Episode VII