Action in the UAE: Abu Dhabi beat out Tunisia for Star Wars: Episode VII filming location
Makers of Star Wars: Episode VII have chosen Abu Dhabi to recreate desert planet Tatooine, home of Luke Skywalker and Anakin.
Filming is set to take place in the UAE capital for four weeks according to the Hollywood Reporter, after it was chosen ahead of Tunisia, where it was originally set.
Tatooine is also where Jabba the Hutt has his headquarters.
The news comes days after the Fast & Furious 7 crew were scouting for locations in the UAE.
- May the force be with Morocco! Star Wars: Episode 7 to begin filming next month
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting
- Double dose of action: UAE's Healer Twins to star in upcoming Star Wars
- Cameras are rolling in Abu Dhabi for a very different Stars Wars: Episode VII
- Star Wars: Episode VII, filmed partially in Abu Dhabi, will feature less CGI