Tom Cruise won’t be coming to Abu Dhabi: rep puts Star Wars: Episode VII cameo rumors to rest
Tom Cruise won't be making a cameo in J.J. Abrams forthcoming Star Wars film, Episode VII, which started shooting in London last month.
A rep for the 51-year-old Edge of Tomorrow star told Entertainment Tonight that rumors about his participation were "pure fiction."
The Sun reported over the weekend that Cruise met Abrams for "dinner and drinks at the Belgravia Hotel" in London.
"J.J. produced Mission Impossible 5 and loves working with Tom whenever he gets the chance," a source told the tabloid.
Abrams already has his hands full with a star-studded cast.
Original trilogy cast members Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill will appear in the seventh installment. Episode VII will also include Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, Girls standout Adam Driver, Inside Llewyn Davis star Oscar Isaac, Gollum portrayer Andy Serkis and Harry Potter alum Domhnall Gleeson.
- Here are the stars we'll see in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" shot in Abu Dhabi
- Bring on Abu Dhabi! Adam Driver think it's surreal to be in "Star Wars Episode VII"
- Abu Dhabi's even hotter with Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie joining "Star Wars: Episode VII" cast
- May the force be with Morocco! Star Wars: Episode 7 to begin filming next month
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting