From 'Street to Stage': Rolling Stones Middle East gives UAE talent chance of a lifetime
Rolling Stones Middle East will hold the “Street to Stage” competition on Friday at the Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai. The event will be held on the same night as the highly anticipated Atelier/Festival that will be held at the Meydan Racecourse, a UAE daily reported on Monday.
The competition will have five finalists who might get a chance to win an industry mentorship and a possible record deal from Sony Music Middle East, The National reported. This competition will dispel the false notion that the UAE has nothing to offer in terms of local music talent, the concert promoters, who are former musicians themselves, have a wealth of knowledge of the local music scene. Promoters feel they have a chance in developing their local music scene.
There is a rapid growing number of artist-produced hip-hop showcases in the UAE that exhibit some of the country’s best rappers and spoken word artists, according to The National.
Friday night’s “Street to Stage” final, will showcase the best of the country’s rock bands and lyricists.
Audiences searching for an alternative to mass-produced entertainment are advised to check out the finals at Hard Rock Cafe Dubai.
- Egyptian underground singer Shehab Kasseb stands chance at Rolling Stones competition
- Rocking with a view: Dubai band set sights on international stage
- No more pop! UAE radio set to go rock mad
- Bands rock socks off at Sanitarium rock concert!
- Rolling Stones smash it at Abu Dhabi concert for the first time in 50 years!