Dubai rolls out red carpet for Student of the Year
Billed as ace director Karan Johar’s discoveries, the Student Of The Year gang will be in Dubai to paint the town red this Thursday.
A mall visit, a round of interviews with the local press and a club appearance have been slated into their itinerary.
“There’s a lot of anticipation surrounding these youngsters and we give you the chance to meet them. Karan Johar will be a part of the gang too,” said organiser Rashid Saeed, Managing Director of Essar Events.
The trio with impressive pedigree including Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter Alia Bhatt, director David Dhawan’s son Varun Dhawan and newbie Siddharth Malhtora will be at the Ibn Battuta Mall’s Chinese court in the evening. Later in the night, they will hit the DJ decks at the nightclub Vegas Club & Lounge, Holiday Inn in Bur Dubai.
Much before the release, the songs from their debut vehicle including Vela Ho Ja Re and Disco Dewaane have found resonance among the Indian youth and have become something of a fixture in the Indian nightclubs.
Student Of The Year, produced by Johar’s Dharma Productions and Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chllies Entertainment, marks the return of Karan Johar as a director of glossy college romances.
The film will release on October 11 in the UAE.
- Chinese whispers? Nope, Iran will get a taste of China through film festival in Sep
- When Hollywood met Bollywood: Dubai's match made in stardom
- Bollywood brings 'Dollars' to Dubai
- It's all about Life of Pi at DIFF's star-studded opening night
- Director Danny Boyle goes from 'Slumdog Millionaire' to new film about Dubai's Wafi heist