Sulaf Fawakherji booted out of Arab beauty contest in the final round
Always the bridesmaid but never the bride, poor Syrian actress, Sulaf Fawakherji, has once again been pipped to the post. This time the much-loved star has fallen short at the last hurdle in an 'Arab Celebrity Beauty Queen' contest, sponsored by MBC.net.
According to the site, the drama queen only got 2 million votes, ranking her third, with favorites Buthayna al Raesi (from Oman) and Marwa Ahmad (from Saudi) going through to the finals.
But although Sulaf missed out on the finals, she did manage to pull in more votes than some of the region's other favorite stars. Sexy Lebanese celebs, Haifa Wehbe and Cyrine Abdel Nour, didn't even make it to the last three!
- Sulaf Fawakherji accuses maid of trying to give her up to the FSA
- Sulaf Fawakherji gives rumors the silent treatment
- Sulaf Fawakherji still stands behind her Syrian army...and their weddings!
- Sulaf Fawakherji serves up Syrian war defiance in “Waiting for Autumn”
- Is she calling backsies? Sulaf Fawakherji may have taken the "Shajarit Al Dur" part back from Ghada Abdel Razek