Cairo concert draws support for Egypt's Syrian refugees
A fundraising concert in aid of Syrian refugees in Egypt will take place on Wednesday, 8 May, organised under the patronage of Secretary General of the Arab League Nabil El-Arabi, the Embassy of Great Britain, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
The soloists of the evening will include Rasha Rizk, a soprano from Syria; Ragaa Eldin Ahmed, an Egyptian tenor; and a guest traditional Syrian singer, Abdelkader Abouelseoud.
According to UNHCR, the UN refugee agency, tens of thousands of Syrian refugees have fled to Egypt fleeing the violence in Syria. Numbers continue to increase month after month, with the majority located in the satellite city of 6 October, around 40km outside central Cairo.
Revenues from the concert will be utilised to aid the Syrian refugees in Egypt. Tickets prices stand at LE1,000, LE500 and LE200.
For more information and reservations, please contact Zeinab Sabaa at email@example.com, (Tel: 02 27196000, Ext: 2355).
Wednesday 8 May at 8pm
Cairo Opera House, Main Hall, Zamalek
- Cairo's concert for a cause huge success
- Where's the Ramadan Karim? Egypt denies Syrian refugees during holy month
- Fundraising concert a great success
- Amnesty International urges Jordan to end its restrictions on Syrian refugees
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 16-23)