Tamer Hagras got his funny on in ‘Mom’s Husband’
We knew the guy could act, but we didn’t know he could be so stinkin’ funny! Tamer Hagras has landed his first comedy gig with a starring role in a new TV show called ‘Jawz Mama’ (Mom’s Husband). The Egyptian actor will take on the character of a director that falls in love with a woman with children played by Hala Sidqi.
According to Laha Magazine, Tamer says that Hala nominated him for the role because the two have been tight friends since they both starred in the film "Ma Tiji Nurqus" (Why Don't We Dance).
Tamer got his first taste of funny as a guest of honor in a previous Ramadan series "Ayiz Atgawaz" (I Want to Get Married), with Hind Sabri playing the lead, but this is his inauguration into a full-blown comedy character.
Tamer is hopeful the series will be a hit, as well as his other new part in "Makan Fil Al Qasr" (A Place in the Palace), alongside actress Ghada Adel.
Do you think he'll be able to pull off comedy? Please share by commenting below!
- It ain't easy being "Cleese"y: Monty Python comic says it's hard to be funny
- More Women Echo Lament of Scottish Mom Allegedly Stripped of Kids by Arab Husband
- Hind Sabri calls off engagement
- Tamer Hosny falls for Ghada Adel in new Egyptian romcom
- The late Robin Williams was funny without a doubt(fire), but was he "Racist" (to Iranians) too?