US drummer jams with Jordanian youth
American drummer Tariq Snare began a visit to the Kingdom on Sunday sponsored by the US embassy as part of its Black History Month activities.
Snare, who concludes his visit on Friday, will conduct workshops and jam sessions with young musicians in Amman and at the Princess Basma Youth Resource Centre in Irbid, lead a master students’ class at Yarmouk University, and perform for children with disabilities in Ghor Safi, according to a US embassy statement.
Snare is also scheduled to hold a free public concert with local musicians at 7:00pm on Thursday at Al Hussein Cultural Centre.
- Egyptian guitar, cello and piano musicians to grace the stage at Cairo's Arabic Music Institute
- We were "Paranoid" but Black Sabbath didn't bomb in Abu Dhabi Thursday night
- Local Egyptian rocker Mahmoud opens US rock band Filligar's concert in Kuwait
- Egyptian stars sing to save the Nile
- Al Qurain Cultural Festival Hosts American Musicians