Ten Directors to Shoot Film on September 11
A French TV channel has asked ten of the most prominent filmmakers around the world to shoot short narrative films about September 11 attacks. In each film (11 minutes) the director presents his vision about the event and how it has affected his society.
Director Yousef Shahin from Egypt is participating in the French production, along with other directors from the US, France, Iran, Japan and other countries.
The short films are scheduled to be screened through a ceremony to be held in Paris on September 11 to commemorate the victims of the catastrophe which occurred in the US.
Shahin is currently in Beirut shooting his short film about September 11 attacks, then, he will leave to New York, Dubai and Cairo to continue shooting his film.
Costarring in Shahin’s film are Noor al Sherif, Hanan Tork, Sanaa Younes, Maher Essam, Ahmed Fuad Salim and the new actor Ahmed Haroun.
“The difficulty stems from the fact that 10 international directors present their vision about the event. All the films will be screened simultaneously and will answer a specific question: What is your feeling about the event?” Shahin told the daily al Ahram -- Albawaba.com
- French Film Magazine Re-Trains Spotlight on Shahin’s Masterpiece ‘Al Asfour’
- Yousef Shahin to Convey Arabs’ Vision in Film ‘September 11’
- Ahmed Maher Recalls September 11 Attacks in African Film Fest
- Cyprus President to participate in September 11 commemorative ceremony
- Egyptian Director Competes at Milan Film Fest