Tension surfaces between Amr Diab and ‘Rotana’
Music production company ‘Rotana’ has demanded that Egyptian pop star Amr Diab submit the master copy of his upcoming album, to ensure that it is released at the appropriate time, according to ‘Rotana’ officials.
Amr pushed to record the songs for the new album in an effort to meet the deadline set by ‘Rotana,’ but suddenly decided to postpone the release, due to the recent tragic conditions that have hit the region.
It was rumored that Rotana sent the demand after learning that the singer had reopened negotiations with his previous production company ‘Alam El Phan,’ fearing he may leave ‘Rotana.’
Supposedly Amr has been holding talks with Muhsin Jabr, owner of ‘Alam El Phan,’ in order to decide on a new satellite music channel the two intend on launching.
On a different note, Diab demanded three million Egyptian pounds as a condition to accept the leading role in an upcoming Ramadan radio drama series. The entire budget for the drama was half a million Egyptian pounds, hence Amr’s demands were not met.
Another radio station is negotiating with the singer to star in their radio drama series, written by renowned director Midhat Al Adel.
- Problems surface between Kathem El Saher and Rotana
- Amr Diab’s radio station officially opened
- Reconciliation finally reached between Amr Diab and Muhsin Jaber
- Brutal war breaks out between Amr Diab and former producer Muhsin Jaber
- There's not enough room in Rotana for two studs: Amr Diab's ticked Tamer Hosny has joined the crew