Arab movie makers head to Sweden for Malmo film fest
The Malmo Arab Film Festival 2013
The Malmo Arab Film Festival makes a call for film submissions to be screened at their event on 2-8 September.
The non-profit cultural event takes place in Malmo, Sweden and aims to “promote understanding and cultural exchange between the Arabic-speaking and other ethnic groups who reside in Sweden, especially in Malmo and Skane."
Awards are to be handed out for the best features, shorts and documentaries.
Submission deadline is 30 April 2013.
- Arabian nights: Over 100 Arabic films to be screened at Swedish festival
- Sweden hearts Egypt: Huge success for Egyptian films at Malmo Arab Film Festival
- Egyptian films Factory Girl, Villa 69 and The Ferry feature in the Malmo Arab Film Festival's video promo
- Girl on top! Yasmine Raees wins best actress award at Malmo festival
- '678' Egyptian harassment movie to be screened in French cinemas