Three million EGP, Suhair Ramzi’s condition to return
Prominent Egyptian actress Suhair Ramzi has reached an agreement with producer Sharif Abdul Atheem to star in a new television drama series of her choice.
Suhair’s condition for returning - 3 million Egyptian pounds for her role, the highest wage ever paid to any Egyptian actor.
The agreement was finalized in Suhair’s home and she was given one million EGP as a down payment, and will be paid the remaining sum gradually, once she begins filming.
According to the Qatar based daily, Al Raya, Suhair is currently reading a number of scripts for TV dramas in order to choose the most suitable for her to appear in wearing her Hijab, the Islamic Headdress for woman.
Last year Suhair was offered numerous roles in different dramas, but she was firm in her decision not to return to acting and even refused to take participate in interviews.
The actress announced her resignation from the acting world over 13 years ago after deciding to wear a Hijab. Subsequently, she held endless negotiations with producers, insisting that she will not appear on the screen unless the role she plays embodies the ideals of Islam and exemplifies appropriate behavior for a good Muslim woman.
- Suhair Ramzi returns after a 13-year resignation
- Suhair Ramzi backs out on her decision to return to the scenes
- Keep your hair on! Suhair Ramzi refuses to wear wig for new role
- Shocking revelation: Is Suhair Ramzi really taking off her headscarf for good?
- She's still got it! Suhair Ramzi is back in action this Ramadan