'The Only Way is Dubai': Britain brings faux-reality to the UAE
It’s no Mission Impossible, but the movie version of British faux-reality show The Only Way is Essex might be filming in Dubai soon. Often referred to as the UK’s answer to Jersey Shore, Towie, as the show is popularly known, features “real people in modified situations saying unscripted lines but in a structured way.” Or, as Kim Kardashian will tell you, like any ‘reality’ show.
According to The Sun, producers are eyeing the emirate as a possible location for the film, and have apparently told the cast that filming could being “in just a few months”. The series’ party-loving cast members Joey Essex and Sam Faiers have already been here and so has former star Mark Wright who made a club appearance at a New Year’s Eve party. They’re all set to reunite for the film.
“There have been rumours of a Towie film for a while, but bosses have now finally talked to the cast about it. Dubai would be the perfect place as it is the current hip destination for young Essex boys and girls and it would be a great sunny location to film in,” The Sun quoted a source as saying.
- Reality check! Do we have an obsession with reality TV shows?
- From the Abbey to the camp: Downton's Lady Mary spreads Christmas cheer to Syrian refugees of Jordan
- Hot Hot Hot News! Arab Idol live tour hits Dubai next month
- Kardashian mania: Fans go krazy as Khloe launches fashion kollection in Dubai
- Ice is back with his brand new invention: Vanilla Ice to hit Atlantis on New Year's Eve