UAE artists are up in the clouds with London exhibition!
Three Generations is the first UK exhibition by established and emerging artists from the United Arab Emirates.
It is curated by the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation and will take place at Sotherby's in London from 23 July until 9 August.
The exhibition is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, ruler's Representative of the Western Region of Abu Dhabi.
It will include 12 works by 12 artists, focusing on three generations of Emirati visual artists.
According to a press release by the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation, the artists use a wide range of media in expressing a dynamic cultural identity that is both rooted in the traditions of the past while firmly focusing on the present and the future.
Three Generations presents a snapshot of the breadth and depth of creative expression in the United Arab Emirates rather than seeking to mount a comprehensive overview of Emirati visual arts practice.
Artists presenting their works include: Mohammed Al-Astad, Ebtisam Abdulaziz, Maitha Demithan, Mattar Bin Lahej, Jalal Luqman, Najat Makki, Dana Al-Mazrouei, Shamsa Al-Omaira, Azza Al-Qubaisi, Hamdan Buti Al-Shamsi, Karima Al-Shomaly and Sumayyah Al-Suwaidi.
The exhibition will be on display between 23 July and 9 August at Sotheby's Galeries, 34-35, New Bond Street, London W1A 2AA, UK.
Are you in London? Stop by Sotheby's and tell us what you think by commenting below!
- Lebanese artist steals the show at Syrian gallery launch
- Opera Gallery in DIFC to Host Exhibition of European artists, Lita Cabellut and Roc-Roussey
- The makings of a new generation of artists
- MONEYworks "Bronze & Art" exhibition at DIFC to display over 40 global artists
- Acclaimed Emirati artist, Noor Al Suwaidi, hosts successful Art Conversation session at Dubai Ladies Club