Vacation a good thing or a bad thing for Laila Elwi?
Yay for vacation, Laila wonders? (Photo courtesy of Facebook)
Poor Laila Elwi’s got it rough. She’s forced to take a mandatory vacation as she psyches up for more Ramadan stardom. While that may not sound so bad, plush in fact, the cause for the forced time off is not as fun as it seems.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the compulsory holiday came after thugs robbed the cast and crew of the new television drama ‘Farah Laila’. They stole filming equipment from the cars that carried them for shooting of the Ramadan drama. Fortunately, Laila wasn’t there when the pilfering took place.
The project was getting close to completion, despite its late entrance in the Ramadan lineup, but further filming will have to halt until conditions in Egypt settle down.
The director and producer of the show will take advantage of the vacation to finalize the montage of the completed episodes to have them ready for airing at the beginning of Ramadan on satellite.
Will Laila actually be able to rest with stress still looming around the Ramadan project? Please share with us your thoughts below!
- Time’s up! Laila Elwi is out of the Ramadan lineup
- Despite the great success, Laila Elwi’s movie finds strong opposition
- Ramadan-a-rama: TV dramas show off the good, the bad, and the oh so cheesy
- Powerless passports and vicious visas: how do your papers rank in the Middle East?
- Laila Elwi close to completing new drama