Egyptian marimba band to take part in Vienna African Arts Festival
Egypt's Marimba band, led by Nesma Abdel-Aziz, along with the Tanoura Troupe, are set to participate in the Vienna African Arts Festival, to be held in Austria.
The Marimba band will perform several pieces, such as Souad Hosny's famous Ya Wad Ya Teqeel, as well as others by Om Kalthum, Warda, and Fayrouz.
Abdel-Aziz began her career in 2001, when she performed with renowned muscian and composer Omar Khairat. She later started her own band to work on personal projects.
Considered to be one of the best Marimba players in the Arab world, Abdel-Aziz studied at the Cairo Conservatory of Music, before traveling to continue her studies in the United States.
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 16-23)
- Here's what's happening in Egypt this week: Get out to hear some guitars, see "The Ugly" and more!
- Take your pick: Egypt's culture picks of the week 18-25 May
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 9-16)
- African Players in Europe Review