Get your "Wadjda" watching on for free, Dubai!
Saudi Arabia’s acclaimed feature Wadjda, directed by Haifaa Al Mansour, will be shown for free as part of the The Scene Club’s monthly screening at Dubai Knowledge Village on April 8. The Arabic feature with English subtitles was selected as the Saudi Arabia’s entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2014 Academy Awards, the first time the country has ever submitted a film.
Set in Riyadh and centred around a 10-year-old girl who earns to ride a bicycle, the heartfelt film offers a rare glimpse of life in the conservative country.
To register for the free screening, go to thesceneclub.com.
- Saudis and Kuwaitis got talent: Wadjda steals the show at Gulf FiIm Festival
- German 'dramedy' hits Dubai
- Girl power in Saudi: Female filmmaker creates landmark cinema
- Egypt's new cinema house "Zawya" opens its doors to the heartwarming flick "Wadjda"
- And the nominees are... Egypt's ‘Winter of Discontent’ enters foreign-language Oscars