Wael Kfoury breaks his silence
Lebanese singer Wael Kfoury, known as 'The King of Romance' in the music biz, has broken his silence for the first time and talked about his only daughter Michele and the political situation in Lebanon. He's better known for his ballads than for his polemics but Wael decided enough enough was enough.
The singer struck out at his country's politicians, saying: “This is a cold war we are living and it’s a shame to see Lebanon going through such conditions while politicians babble nonsense on television and fail to provide Lebanese with their basic life’s necessities like water, electricity and decent roads.”
He added that Lebanese politicians should be ashamed of themsleves for playing politics with basic necessities: cutting off supplies until it gets to election time and they're looking for votes.
Wael also took the time to give us an insight into his family life. The star said despite his fame and fortune, his life revolves around his daughter and that he's proud to be a hands-on dad at home. He told reporters he that when she was first born he would walk into her room in the middle of the night just to get a glance of her and check she was okay.
- Wael Kfoury survived the US
- Wael Kfoury won't sue the press over private life publications
- Just between us judges: Wael Kfoury finally opens up on the talk show "Al Hakam" with Wafa Al Kilani
- Heartthrob Wael Kfoury speaks out on Women's Day
- Walid Tawfiq says new Arab stars could learn a thing or two about humility