Wael Kfoury embarrasses Yara
The famous Lebanese artist Wael Kfoury embarrassed the Lebanese artist Yara when he said the two had not recorded a duet.
During a recent appearance on the new entertainment show “Il Maestro” Yara announced that she had already recorded a duet with Wael.
According to the London daily Elaph, Kfoury said a song was prepared by Tareq Abu Joudeh as a duet for the two, but he denied that it was already recorded.
Kfoury said that Yara is a star with a good singing voice.
It has been suggested that Kfoury does not like the song, but does not want to offend Tareq Abu Joudeh.
During a recent phone call broadcast via the satellite channel “Al Jaras,” Kfoury said that there were a number of new duets with various Lebanese female artists that were offered to him.
He said an idea for a duet with the famous Lebanese artist Nancy Ajram was presented to him by the composer Samir Sfair, but it was never accomplished.
Previously Kfoury started working on recording a duet with the Lebanese artist Carol Saqer, but did not explain the reason for abandoning the project.
Kfoury expressed an interest in recording a duet with famous Lebanese artist Nawal Al Zoghbi, although she has been hesitant to agree.
Nawal said that she is concerned that a new duet will not achieve the same level of success as their previous duet “Meen Habibi Ana” (Who Is My Love), considered to be one of the best duets by Arab pop-stars in the 1990’s.
- Samir Safir, “Simon Asmar is unknown in show business”
- Yara still loves her some Lebanon...and Wael Kfoury: new album and a special duet around the bend
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em: Nancy set to duet with Wael Kfoury
- LG Electronics’ Brand Ambassador Wael Kfoury Performs with Yara at LG’s Music Festival in Beirut
- Carol Saqer preparing to sing with Saber Al Riba’ie