Wafaa Amer won't gain weight for movie
Egyptian actress Wafaa Amer has categorically refused to gain weight for her role as the famous Egyptian belly dancer Taheyya Kareokka. And she doesn't look ready to budge an inch on her decision to remain trim for her film.
Wafaa spoke of her refusal to fatten up for shooting the most challenging stage of Kareokka’s life in which the dancer started to pile on the pounds. While adamantly set against taking a personal stake or the brunt of the the dancer's heavier days, she was willing to admit that it was this very stage of Kareokka’s life in the film that contained the surprise of the entire narrative arc.
Delusions of Grandeur or Illusions of Grandness
According to “Ana Zahra” website, Wafaa will manage to appear in the same form, weight and figure as Kareokka in her last few years, by wearing a synthetic body suit. This film 'stunt' will be facilitated by the professional international make-up artist, Tariq Mustafa. Wafaa trusts him to do a fine job, rating him the most highly acclaimed wardrobe and make-up specialist in the field.
What do you think of movie stars changing their body shape in the name of their art? Share your views in the 'Comment' space below.
- Wafaa Amer: Millions of Dollars Can’t Buy My Heart
- Wafaa Amer Just a Blue-Collar Girl with a Heart of Gold
- Actress Sues Shaaban Abdel Rehim for Photo, Plans Second Suit for Ignorance of ‘My Point of View’
- Fifi Abdo requests Wafa Amer to portray Tahya Karioka correctly
- One million Egyptian pounds not enough to buy Najwa Foad’s secrets