Waleed Tawfiq calls for an uprising
Lebanese singer Waleed Tawfiq has called on true Arab singers to begin an uprising against the chaos that is taking place in the music industry. Waleed has stressed that that the new trend of unprofessional singers that are increasing by the hour has given a demeaning image to true art.
The singer stressed that true singers, who have given so much to the music world, need to join forces and fight against the new trends that is not considered art but rather a cheap imitation where sleazy music videos are being used to attract audiences.
Waleed is placing the final touches on his upcoming album, which is scheduled for release next month. The new album will feature a remix of some of his most popular past hits, reported the London based daily, Alsharq Al Awsat.
- Waleed Tawfiq composes for Wassouf, Nancy and Elissa
- Waleed Tawfiq guest of honor at Kholoud Alkurdi's jewelry launch
- PA Preventive Security, Hamas call to prevent children from volunteering for military operations against settlements
- Hani Shaker Sings for al-Intifada
- Jordanian Businessman Promises JD 1 million Prize for Killing Shas Leader