Walid Tawfiq awarded at the Damascus Cinema Festival
The Damascus 16th Cinema Festival invited the great Lebanese artist Walid Tawfiq where he was given an award at the festival for his musical journey of 35 years. Tawfiq has been giving to the entertainment business 35 years of singing, acting and composing and he’s accomplished a great deal of success throughout his journey.
According to the London daily Elaph, Tawfiq starred in 13 Egyptian cinema films like “Samak Bila Hasak” (Fish Without Fish Bone), “Man Yutfi’ Al Nar” (Who Will Put Out The Fire) and “Qamar Al Lail” (The Night Moon). There were great numbers of Egyptian and Syrian cinema stars that were present at the festival ande surrounded the great artist and congratulated him for his accomplishment and sang some of his famous songs with him.
The festival also awarded other cinema stars like Egyptian actress Nadia Al Jundi, Egyptian actor Samir Sabri, Syrian actress Suzan Nijem Al Deen, Syrian actor Ayman Zidan, Claudia Kardyani and many more.
It is needless to say that during the festival Tawfiq was given an offer to star in a new Egyptian/Syrian film. It is expected that Tawfiq will accept the offer once he carefully studies the details of the scenario.
- Nader Al Atasi celebrates with Maryiam Faris
- Laila Elwi and Leonardo DiCaprio honored at the Marrakech Cinema Festival
- Three cheers for Nour El Sherif! Actor comes to tears at emotional Egyptian Alexandria Cinema Festival
- Damascus Film Fest Opens Doors to International Cinema
- Egypt Returns to Moscow Festival by ‘Asrar Al Banat’