Wassouf refuses to have Lebanese government pay his medical bills
Media sources have revealed that prominent Syrian singer George Wassouf has refused to have the Lebanese government pay his medical bills at the American University Hospital in Beirut. George had stated that brother of Syrian President Bashar Al Asad has already offered to cover all medical expenses due to the fact that the singer is of Syrian origin.
Reports had it that the Lebanese Minister of Health Hassan Khaleel had paid a special visit to the singer at the hospital. George’s condition is now improving and stabilizing after experiencing a brain stroke and falling into a coma ten days ago.
Wassouf remains in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) despite the fact that he has regained complete consciousness and is alert of everything around him. Doctors want to keep a close watch on the singer to ensure he recovers completely.
- Wage hike will have to be paid for somehow, says Lebanon's bank governor
- Adel Imam pays special visit to George Wassouf
- Jordan demands Libya pays up on hospital bills
- Israeli doctors condemn government bill to force feed hunger striking prisoners
- American in Arabia: Brett and Barack's Hashemite Adventures