Welcome home, honey! Mohammad Assaf makes triumphal return to Gaza
Thousands of Gaza residents Monday awaited since the first hours of the morning the arrival of the 23-year-old Palestinian inspiration, the winner of the Arab Idol singing contest, Muhammad Assaf.
Since early morning, people started to gather at the M shaped Rafah crossing, which links Gaza to Egypt in hope to see the Palestinian Idol and goodwill Ambassador and express their happiness for his return.
With the Palestine and Lebanon flags flying among the crowd and posters of Assaf hanging on surrounding buildings, Rafah crossing was crowded as people saw it a chance to welcome who has been described as the Rocket and a Hero by Arab Idol’s jury.
A loud cheering echoed across the crossing when the vehicle carrying Assaf entered as tens of youngsters surrounded the vehicle hoping to get to speak or shake hands with Assaf.
Fatah member Jihad Abu Anza told WAFA that hundreds have been waiting for the star, who was able to capture and draw world’s attention to the outstanding talent of Palestine, which deserves nourishing and respect.
- Israelis got Assaf-mania too?!
- Palestine cheers hoorah! Mohammad Assaf wins Arab Idol 2
- The secret sighting of Assaf: Arab Idol superstar on hush-hush trip to Gaza
- Moving house! Mohammad Assaf looking to relocate to Dubai
- Yes we can! Mohammad Assaf wants Palestinian refugees to believe 'anything is possible'