What is Next? Syrian Film about Palestine
In old neighborhoods of the Syrian cities of Aleppo and Latakia, a film entitled What is Next? is currently being shot.
The film was scripted, directed and produced by Mohammed al Sheikh Najeeb and his son Qais al Sheikh Najeeb will play the starring role, according to the daily al Hayat.
The film belongs to the monodrama genre, which is blended with documented scenes and tackles the Palestinian issue in addition to the suffering and struggle of the Palestinian people since 1948 to date. This is displayed through an intensive intellectual vision and a look at the consequences of the events which the Palestinian issue went through.
The film explores the life history of a Palestinian boy whose father was killed in 1948 by the Zionists. Due to the frustration, which the issue faces throughout 50 years, the boy reaches a conclusion that martyrdom is the only way to liberate Palestine.
Najeeb announced that he would provide all the Arab and friendly TV channels with copies of the film free of charge -- Albawaba.com
- Italian Producer Tackles Kanafani’s Account of Dispossessed Palestinians
- Syrian Monodrama Shakes European Theaters
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Lights, Camera, Action! Abed Fahed to star in Arab-Egyptian film production
- What the Moroccan film ban tells us about how the Mideast sees the country's women