Will World Expo 2020 be in Dubai? Why yes, if filmmakers can help it!
Professional and amateur filmmakers are being urged to shoot and edit a short film in just 72 hours to show their support for Dubai's World Expo 2020 bid.
The ‘Filmi in 72 Hours’ project, which is open to all residents, includes a $5,000 grand prize.
Abdulaziz Al Najjar, executive director of Filmi, which is behind the project, said: “Innovative filmmakers will prove through their work why Dubai is the most eligible in hosting Expo 2020.” Filmi is due to release more details on Wednesday.
Do you think Dubai stands a chance at snatching the expo bid? Please share by commenting below!
- Million-dirham fund launched for UAE's next generation of filmmakers
- Flying the flag for the World Expo 2020! Victorious Dubai Crown Prince Hamdan climbs Burj Khalifa
- Egypt's indie filmmakers see if two heads really are better than one
- Award-winning Emirati film gets nod at New York's Tribeca Film Fest
- Filmmakers are in a frenzy as DIFF invites submissions for this year's star-studded event