Pick your favorite artist: Arab starlets nominated for World Music Awards
It's official: Some of the Arab music industry's top artists have been nominated for the “Best Female Artist” category in the world-famous “World Music Awards.”
What wonderful news for the talented starlets, whose music and continuously creative ideas have kept us and the rest of their worldwide fans entertained.
The singers nominated for the award are: Assala, Carole Samaha, Elissa, Haifa Wehbe, Maya Diab, Myriam Fares, Nancy Ajram, Samira Said, Sherine and Yara.
According to Laha Magazine, the artist with the most votes in each category wins. You can cast your vote for one of our Arab divas (and other international artists) on vote.worldmusicawards.com.
The “World Music Awards” was established in 1989 and it honors some of the most renowned and popular music artists around the world, based on their record sales and popularity in the region they represent.
- World Music Awards special: Nancy Ajram beats Elissa and co to the "Best Arab Female Artist" title this year
- Nancy Ajram wins World Music Award for "Best Arab Singer"
- Carole Samaha nominated for MTV Europe Music Award
- Carole Samaha is back on her feet again
- Egypt and Lebanon go head-to-head when Sherine takes on Haifa