Yaseen Boycotts Egypt Television
Legendary Egyptian actor Mahmoud Yaseen has aggressively attacked Egypt Television and announced his boycott of any work with the station.
According to Al Bayan newspaper, the reason behind the harsh decision is the TV’s refusal to air Yaseen’s latest series, Souq El Asr (Souq of the Era), on one of its prime channels.
The UAE based daily said Yaseen charged that the administration of Egypt Television is more interested on series that have no caliber and are based on “see-thru dresses.”
Yaseen has decided to go back to the Silver Screen through a film entitled Bar Seena (Sinai Desert), which takes place in the Sinai desert!
It depicts the story of a group of Egyptian soldiers ho fought the Egyptian/Israeli war from 1976 to 1973. – Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Remembering Egyptian Comedian Ismael Yaseen
- Ghada’s political views place television drama ‘Samarah’ in jeopardy
- Egypt's Anti-Coup Alliance to boycott presidential election
- Boycott of Egypt’s phone operators to continue Saturday
- Nancy goes from 'super' to 'Arab Idol' as she is confirmed as the fourth judge