Yasmeen free for worship in Ramadan
The young Egyptian actress Yasmeen Abed Al Aziz denied rumors that she will host a religious program this Ramadan season.
According to the Jordanian daily Al Rai, Yasmeen said that she is glad to be free from television or cinema projects during this coming holy month of Ramadan, allowing her more time for to fulfill her spiritual obligations.
Yasmeen encourages every Muslim to do good deeds this Ramadan season, such as visiting shelters, donating money to the sick and meals to the poor.
Yasmeen will star in a radio drama series this Ramadan to be aired on “Al Sharq Al Awsat” radio station. The series is called “Farawlah” (Strawberry) and is directed by Ibrahim Abed Al Salam. Yasmeen plays the role of “Farawlah,” a poor local girl who becomes rich.
Yasmeen said that she is attached to Radio programs because it brings back memories of when she and her family would sit around the radio and listen to “Fawazeer Ramadan” (Ramadan Guessing Game Shows). Ramadan always makes her feel good because it is the month of giving, said Yasmeen.
- Yasmeen Abd Al Aziz insists on losing weight
- Will there be a smoke free Sharjah soon? Emirate moves to cut down on cigarette sales
- How to avoid wardrobe faux pas at Ramadan: Foreigners advised to dress sensitively
- Mai Izz El Din prepares new film with Tamer Husni
- Launch of selected range of Nokia devices with Islamic Applications