Back to where she belongs: Yasmine Abdel Aziz to return with hard-hitting drama
After a leave of absence from the television industry lasting over 12 years, Egyptian actress Yasmine Abdel Aziz will be returning to the small-screen, delighting fans. The Egyptian superstar, who made her break with commercials, last featured in the critically acclaimed drama “Imraeah min Zaman Al Hub” (A Woman from the Era of Love). Abdel Azizi is set to appear in the highly anticipated drama “Zaqjah Mafroosah Awi” (An Oppressed Wife).
The new drama will tackle hard-hitting issues, including the suffering of a married women, domestic violence and oppression by their husbands. The drama takes its name from an article written by journalist Amani Dargham.
Tell us what you think. Are you looking forward to the new drama? What do you think of the subject of the show? Let us know your thoughts!
- Cover up! Yasmine Abdel Aziz's fans urge her to hijab-up following a trip to Hajj
- Drama Queen: Yasmine Abdul Aziz preparing for new mini-series
- Not-so holy month? Belly dancer Lucy will be on our Ramadan screens
- That's one fun history lesson! Ramadan TV brings Egypt’s recent past to life
- Amani Al Siwaisi “Looking for love”