Younis Shalabi leaves hospital
Egyptian comedian-actor, Younis Shalabi is scheduled to be released from the hospital after a significant improvement in his condition.
Doctors overseeing his treatment have reported signs of improvement after he awoke from a one-day coma, resulting from a brain stroke.
According to the Egyptian based weekly, Al Nogoom, doctors have recommended that Younis rest for a few days at home, before beginning a new round of treatment.
Younis had suddenly experienced a severe brain seizure, and was immediately admitted to the intensive care unit. He was placed under close observation until he regained consciousness.
Younis’s health condition had worsened as a result of more than one stroke and a heart attack, in addition to several major surgeries he has undergone.
The actor’s wife has made a request to the Egyptian Minister of Health to finance the transferal of her husband abroad for treatment. She also asked for financial assistance to cover the remaining hospital bills, which amount to over 35 thousand Egyptian pounds.
The actor has gone bankrupt as a result of the exorbitant medical bills for his treatment at different private hospitals.
- Wake up Talaat! Zakaria rumored to be in a coma
- This one's on the state! Tunisia foots the medical bills for Abdelmajid Lakhal who remains in critical condition
- RIP: Comedian actor Farouk Naguib sadly dies at 73
- Younis Shalabi’s regains his strength
- Younis Shalabi in critical condition post heart surgery