Yousef Shaaban Demands 10,000 Pounds for TV Appearance
Egyptian actor Yousef Shaaban has asked for 10,000 pounds to participate in Amira Abdel Athim’s TV show Lailati (My Night), joining the list of celebrities who demand payment for such appearances.
According to the daily Al Sharq Al Awsat, Shaaban told Abdel Athim that he, as the head of the Egyptian Actors Union, should be an example followed by other actors when filming such shows, to guarantee their right to payment.
However, Egyptian TV regulations forbid paying guests unless they get permission from the head of the TV bureaucrats.
If Shaaban’s demand is met, it will pave the way for other guests to ask for the same sums – Albawaba.com
- Egyptian Dancers: Why Shouldn’t Belly Dancing be Cancelled if Government Does not Recognize it?
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim's Shoes, 'Low Art' Provoke Egyptian Shura Council's Culture Committee
- Actress Sues Shaaban Abdel Rehim for Photo, Plans Second Suit for Ignorance of ‘My Point of View’
- Egypt's fave folk singer Shaaban "Shaabola" Abdel Rahim is back!
- Youssef Shaaban Throws Stones at Israel