"Ben kralın annesi": Yousra learning Turkish for new TV role
Actors are always having to learn new things for their upcoming roles, and Egyptian actress Yousra is no exception.
The actress is currently learning to speak Turkish! No, she's not starring in one of our beloved Turkish dramas, but she is starring in a new series revolving around the era of the Ottoman Empire rule in Egypt.
In “Kan Zaman Fil Mahroosa” (Long Ago in Egypt), Yousra will be playing the role of the Queen mother, where a short dialogue in Turkish will take place, according to Laha Magazine.
Yousra added that although the amount Turkish spoken in the series is only small, she's still obliged to learn the language in order to deliver a believable performance by pronouncing all the words correctly.
But it was no easy experience for the determined actress. Yousra said that Turkish is one of the hardest languages to learn – eek, we don't want to try – but that she's super happy for doing it.
What attracted Yousra to the role was the well-written script and the fact that it's the first ever historical drama she'll be starring in.
Starring alongside Yousra in this exciting drama are Syrian actor Qusai Khouly, Lebanese actress Nour, and Egyptian actresses Nelly Karim, Angie and May Kassab.
- Yousra has butterflies over her upcoming role in new drama!
- With "Saraya Abdeen" being a hit, what could be eating Yousra?
- Peace out, Turkish actors! Samira Ahmad gives ‘em the boot
- Two hands are better than one: Yousra & Enas el Dughaidi plan a Tourist Village in Egypt
- Yousra Mahnouch hits the stage with her former 'The Voice' mentor