East, West, Sisi is the best! Youssra and Hussein Fahmy in anti-Muslim Brotherhood demonstration
Celebs are becoming more politically-involved now than they were ever before. Renowned Egyptian actor Hussein Fahmy and actress Youssra took part in a demonstration organized by the Egyptian community in New York, USA.
The demonstration took place outside the UN headquarters in accordance with the annual meeting of Egyptian Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmi with UN members.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the actors cried out slogans in support of Egyptian general Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, who overthrew the government of Muslim Brotherhood member and ex-President Mohammed Morsi.
A number of Egyptian journalists who were covering the meeting in New York also took part in the protest.
The pro-Sisi demonstration coincided with a demonstration organized by members of the Muslim Brotherhood pleading that the UN to interferes in Egypt and puts a stop to its current chaotic military rule.
The number of Sisi and military supporters exceeded the number of Muslim Brotherhood supporters to a large extent, according to the coverage of a number of satellite TV channels.
- Elham Shahin slams Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood as terrorists
- "Uncharitable" Muslim Brotherhood kick Ehab Tawfiq out of charity event
- Is it all for Sisi? Karim Abdel Aziz's short film "Al Qarar" (The Decision) said to support presidential campaign
- Arabia's Jon Stewart has signed off again: Bassem Youssef nixed his TV show "Al-Bernameg"
- Too cool for school: Elham Shahin snubs ex-President Morsi