Young ambitions: Yusra Al Lawzi puts directing into action
Young Egyptian actress Yusra Al Lawzi is usually the leading star in her movies. But now, she’s decided to go behind the cameras to fulfil a life-long dream of hers.
The young actress took control of the set of an upcoming movie on the Egyptian Revolution, where she was Actress-turns-Director.
The film revolves around a young journalist in Egypt, who witnesses the events of the June 30 Revolution.
Yusra said that standing behind the camera as a director is the most important dream of her life.
The actress/director is so confident of her new project, that she’s going to enter it into the Rome Short Film Festival.
Yusra, a fan of independent cinema, said that this type of cinema gives her great joy and and the opportunity to expand on her talents and skills.
- Pictures emerge of starlet Yusra Al Lawzi covered in blood
- We are in for a "Surprise" from Yahia Al Fakharani this Ramadan
- Egypt army chief Sisi 'likely to run for president'
- The importance of identifying the elements that gave birth to the Islamic State
- Weekend Movies: Eating Up 'Hannibal,' 'Silverman'