Young ambitions: Yusra Al Lawzi puts directing into action
Ambitious actress Yura Al Lawzi has finally tried her hands at acting. (Image: Facebook)
Young Egyptian actress Yusra Al Lawzi is usually the leading star in her movies. But now, she’s decided to go behind the cameras to fulfil a life-long dream of hers.
The young actress took control of the set of an upcoming movie on the Egyptian Revolution, where she was Actress-turns-Director.
The film revolves around a young journalist in Egypt, who witnesses the events of the June 30 Revolution.
Yusra said that standing behind the camera as a director is the most important dream of her life.
The actress/director is so confident of her new project, that she’s going to enter it into the Rome Short Film Festival.
Yusra, a fan of independent cinema, said that this type of cinema gives her great joy and and the opportunity to expand on her talents and skills.
- Pictures emerge of starlet Yusra Al Lawzi covered in blood
- We are in for a "Surprise" from Yahia Al Fakharani this Ramadan
- Egypt army chief Sisi 'likely to run for president'
- The importance of identifying the elements that gave birth to the Islamic State
- Weekend Movies: Eating Up 'Hannibal,' 'Silverman'