Syrian movie star pitches up in Zaatari refugee camp
The life of a movie star and heartthrob is all well and good but with his country in crisis, Syrian actor Abed Fahed has swapped celebrity glamor for humanitarian action.
Following a long line of celebrity do-gooders from across the globe including Hollywood’s Angelina Jolie and Tunisian beauty Hend Sabri, the Syrian star ditched a day of glitz and glamor to pitch up in Jordan’s Zaatari refugee camp on Friday.
While keen to thank Jordan for its ongoing support of refugees, Abed wants greater efforts to be made to keep Zaatari’s younger residents entertained. Following his visit, the star is publicly supporting the creation of a cultural and sports centre inside the camp.
With filming on his latest movie, Islam Hana, postponed until the security situation in Egypt cools down, it looks like Abed should have some time on his hands to fight for the rights of his fellow countrymen before the cameras start rolling again.
- Angelina Jolie: Hollywood star pitches up in Syrian refugee camp
- Lights, Camera, Action! Abed Fahed to star in Arab-Egyptian film production
- What happened when a Hollywood movie mogul visited a Syrian refugee camp
- From Jolie to Sabri: Stars visit Syrian refugees in Jordan
- One year in Zaatari: Life inside the world's second largest refugee camp